Most men have been so conditioned by society that they forget how to walk. Let us, therefore, learn the ways of the debonaire men before us.
The Power Walk
Walk slowly, but walk with purpose. Notice the difference between Putin’s power walk and the stroll. Both are important to learn, and both are appropriate for different situations.
Walk like you know something nobody else does. Live in the moment, examine things, feel happy to be alive, be present, curious, and playful.
Notice how Sean Connery combines the power walk with the stroll.
Tony Stark offers yet another great combination — productive, assertive, powerful, yet present.
- Match your walking style with the situation. When walking down the sidewalk, be curious, friendly, playful, and confident; when walking to the conference room to negotiate a deal, practice the power walk: eyes directly ahead, put an hawkish face on, glare your eyes a bit, walk with purpose.
- Walk as if you own the place, and those around you are just guests in your wonderful version of reality. Truth is, you do and they actually are.
- Spine straight, shoulders back, never frown, lips either closed or very slightly open.
- Whenever you walk, make remarks to yourself and others about the present environment. This will not only train you to effortlessly stock your arsenal for conversation, but helps you enjoy the journey.
- Embrace the walk, relish the attention, enjoy being a boss. Notice how the debonair men in the videos seemed genuinely happy to partake in the simple activity of walking. If you’re feeling weak, repeat affirmations; change your mindset and your body language will follow. Remind yourself of past noble achievements, relive moments of masculinity, recall a joke and get in a laughing mood, then get back to the present.
- Never fiddle with your hands; they should almost always be out of your pockets. Pockets provide us with a sense of protection and comfort from the outside world — you don’t need that, you’re better than that. Remember, all of this belongs to you; you have nothing to fear.
- Look into the eyes of those you pass by, potential mate or not.
- Show the fierce competitiveness of your spirit when you pass by the Wall Street broker, nod (downwards) and show him you’re of the same level, you understand each other on a level most people don’t.
- Tease the girls who pass by and pull them in with your eyes as your body confidently strolls away; be playful, smile, make them wonder why you’re so happy. Do you have a girlfriend? Girlfriends? Are you filthy rich? Do you know something they don’t? Give your shoulders more freedom to sway, make it smooth and fun. Look them in the eyes with a playful smirk, then, when it’s time to look away, chuckle and look away. You might want to add a prolonged blink in between to smooth the process of looking away. If she’s into it, the last moment offer a playful comment: “Hey there darlin’.” If you’re really feeling the connection, turn your body and walk backwards for a second or two as your part ways. If she looks back at you, she’s yours, just reel her in with a fun: “you’re gonna regret walkin’ away sweetheart.” She’ll laugh and then you’ll say, “come back here and give me your number.”
- Always remember (and understanding this will subconsciously affect your body language): these girls are your creations; there are at least a billion other girls who have something better to offer you (hell, there’s a better one down at the next corner). Furthermore they exist only for you. Why else would you manifest them? Abundance mentality will only further attract women (and men, for the matter). It is human nature to want what we can’t have.
- Don’t only make eye contact with those you feel you can gain something from. You can learn anything, all the time and everywhere, from anyone. Practice is how we get better; failing is how we really improve.
- Don’t even think about touching your phone in public unless you’re making a call, in which case you can still practice the aforementioned techniques. Being on the phone makes you seem wanted and therefore more attractive in certain situations. Just don’t fake a call; you need to get into the mindset of doing things only when it serves you. Being subservient to the opinions of others is certainly not debonaire.
Some extra tips:
Note, as commenter Nero Avgvstvs warns: you don’t want to take large wide steps because that usually conveys clumsiness. Keep your steps equal and balanced, this conveys that you are at equilibrium and in control of your body and environment. Another thing I’m going to have to point out is the flip-flops. You can be dominant and click-clack, flip flops are, in my opinion, clumsy feminine shoes. The chance of slipping out of one of them, tripping, and the noise is just not at all intimidating. My personal preference is steel toed boots, or a pair of nikes. The shirt you wear looks like you rolled up a short sleeved shirt so that we can all gaze upon your tattoos, which mainly only beta males get nowadays in order to try and make people think they are alpha males but it does the opposite. I usually wear an undershirt and a button-up shirt on time, mainly dark solid colors, along with blue jeans with no rips or holes, and a pair of sunglasses which I agree with you on, as it leaves you unpredictable. A true alpha male doesn’t need to show off his muscles, tattoos, or money to convey dominance. The main weapon of an alpha male is his presence and voice. An alpha male should always maintain a calm and in control demeanor, as it conveys that he is not shaken up by what is going on around him, nor is he distracted from his purpose. He is conveying true alpha male leadership qualities — qualites that people will look at and will want to follow.